Front Office Manager 4*Hotel Co Kilkenny
We are currently recruiting an accomplished, reliable hardworking and ambitious Front Office Manager for a 4* Hotel in Co Kilkenny. The Ideal candidate will provide engaging, sincere, personalised service, turning moments into memories for guests to ensure room’s revenue maximisation and profit through pro-active selling techniques and referral across resort. Please see the role overview below:
- Provide a point of contact for all Revenue associated processes and queries within the hotel for customers.
- Be a proud ambassador for the hotel, where the warm and efficient service you offer our guests makes them feel welcome at booking, check-in, valued at check-out – and always at home.
- Ensure the constant development of the Guest Services and Concierge teams in training and on boarding new team members including a full and up to date knowledge of the hotel products and services.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Welcome guests as soon as they arrive with great care and attention to handle all enquiries promptly, ensuring the customer receives a friendly, professional and efficient response that accurately meets their needs.
- Process the Night reports and the morning reports to actively participate in maximising revenue through up-selling.
- Handle no-shows and cancellations efficiently and help encourage customer loyalty by building friendly, personalised relationships
- Ensures that administrative procedures do not take precedence over guest relations, time management is key here to Manage Family Stay programme – follow up on bookings made and make sure all the kids activities have been pre booked along with dinner requirements.
- Handle any guest complaints and/or remarks; provides a response as soon as possible
- Manage all rooming lists, implementation, billing and special requirements. Follow up with any outstanding rooming lists with organiser or events
- Maintain the cleanliness and hygiene of the department, it’s fixtures, fittings and equipment. To demonstrate a high standard of personal appearance, always wearing the full and correct uniform and ensuring good personal hygiene.
- Ensure all legal and statutory regulations and responsibilities are met in order to maintain a safe working environment for yourself, your colleagues and our customers.
- Handle all reservations through different channels (via email/ fax/telephone/ website) efficiently out of normal operating hours and ensure the front desk agent on duty does same.
- Liaise with the Management and team in order to ensure the smooth operation of Revenue processes and functions within the individual unit covered.
- Attend all necessary internal hotel meetings, i.e. function sheet meetings, operation meetings etc, to fully represent the Revenue department when needed
- Manage Christmas Stay programme – follow up on bookings made and make sure all dining options are pre-booked, and deposits paid. Assign rooms at time of booking.
- Ensure packages are communicated to all departments and billed correctly.
- Ensure that the hotel is communicated to on a daily basis in regards to V.I.P’s, Arrivals and Management to greet etc. in order to meet and greet, all Virtuoso, Signature, Frosh, and Kiwi guests ensuring amenities are reinforced during check-in
- You will have exceptional customer care skill and have the ability to work under pressure
- Have good organizational skills & pride in your attention to detail in your work
- You will have a good ability to handle pressurized situations and busy periods
- You will be flexible, Innovative and Adaptable to lead a strong team with good people skills – an effective motivator
- Have strong communication and interpersonal skill with the finest personal presentation
- Distinctive, professional and warm personality with Confidence & professionalism in dealing with high profile clients
- To be flexible and co-operative in the workplace so as to ensure the smooth and successful operation of the hotel and within each job category/functional area will be required by the company and full inter-changeability between departments will be required.
Health & Safety
- To fulfil your obligations under the Safety, Health & Welfare at Work Act 2005 and any revisions or additional legislation made thereto.
- To ensure that reasonable care is taken for health and safety of yourself, other employees, guests and any other persons on the premises and to keep work areas tidy and safe and report any hazard, loss or damage to management.
- To be aware of trained first-aid personnel on the premises and the location of first aid box and observe all safety rules and procedures, including those laid down in the Health & Safety Statement.
- To carry out and promote fire and accident/other safety drills as directed by the hotel safety officer and to carry out continuous Health & Safety training and re-training with employees.
- To participate in all Health and Safety training scheduled for you and your team.
- To be an active member the Health & Safety Committee and attend monthly meetings.
The above list in not exhaustive; you will be expected to comply with any reasonable request or duties as directed by the Operation manager.
Salary Guideline : €35k-€37k Depending on Experience.
Further information, Please send your details in confidence, your application through leanne.whelan@ broadlinerecruiters.com