Assistant C&B Events Manager
Assistant C&B Events Manager (Office Role) is required to join a Dublin Hotel. The role is to assist the Conference and Banqueting Events Manager in the smooth operation of the Conference and banqueting office.
- To ensure conference and banqueting bookings are taken correctly and entered onto Opera, sales and catering system.
- To issue updated function sheets on a daily basis.
- To issue the weekly function sheets on a weekly basis by the specified time.
- To ensure that all provisional bookings are confirmed within the allocated period. .
- To ensure that the sales of food and beverage and accommodation are maximised at all times.
- To ensure that all conference and banqueting enquiries are dealt with in a professional manner and the correct booking procedure carried out at all times.
- To communicate with other relevant departments with regard to updated information or special requests with regard to an event.
- To liaise and communicate with the chef on a daily basis regarding changes and special requests for any event.
- To check and authorise all conference and banqueting invoices, providing the necessary back-up information for the accounts department.
- To deputise the Conference and Banqueting Events Manager in their absence, attending management meetings etc.
- To meet potential and existing clients and show them the hotel facilities.
- To compile and maintain the client database for the purpose of sales mailshots.
- To be involved in the financial forecasting of the C&B department with the Banqueting Events Manager.
- To ensure the effective yield management of the sales and catering system.
- To give clients added value where possible.
- Applicants must have at least 2 years experience in an event coordination role.
- Opera experience is an advantage.
- To show initiative and leadership at all times
- Have excellent customer care skills & attention to detail, along with a “can-do” attitude
- Very strong attention to detail
- Ability to work consistently in a busy environment and good personal presentation.
- Competitive salary on offer for successful candidate
- Ability to work as part of a team and delegate work when required.
Please send CV to Patrick in Broadline Recruiters