We are looking for a qualified and experienced Banquet Sous Chef on a full time contract to join a 5* hotel in Wicklow to assist in our very busy kitchen department, to join our successful and highly trained kitchen brigade.
The ideal candidate will: –
- Have previous experience in a similar senior role for a minimum of 2 years in a hotel kitchen.
- Demonstrate excellent communication and influencing skills.
- Be able to work effectively as part of a team whilst undertaking a leadership role.
- Identify ways to improve profitability through but not limited to menu engineering and produce seasonality
- Be able to demonstrate an up to date and in depth understanding of the industry on an on going basis
- Lead by example and offer clear direction to team.
- Be uncompromising in achieving Resort standards while being innovative and creative with menus
- Communicate relevant business information regularly, efficiently and concisely to their team.
The following are specific responsibilities and contributions critical to the successful performance of the position.
- Represents the food production team on a daily basis
- Effectively schedules to business demands and effectively tracks time and attendance.
- BEO’s costed on a daily basis
- Recipe cards developed, followed and used in conjunction with use records
- Follow up on production charts to ensure no over producing and waste
- Supervises and directs training in food production areas.
- Supervises the kitchen team on a daily basis, ensuring compliance with all policies and procedures
- Leads shift while personally preparing food items and executing requests based on required specifications.
- Ensuring consistently great food production, in line with the high quality standards expected at the Druids Glen Resort.
- Assists with the enforcement of health and safety standard within the kitchen