We are currently recruiting for an experienced Bar Manager to manage a busy bar and lounge operation.
The successful candidate should be enthusiastic, customer focused and friendly with the ability to work under pressure. The candidate must possess strong leadership capabilities to effectively manage a team.
The purpose of the job is to manage the hotel bar ensuring customer satisfaction and operating within the financial targets as set out in the annual budgets and working to hotel operating standards.
Specific Duties & Responsibilities:
- To ensure the smooth running of the Hotel Bar & Lounge area
- To ensure complete guest satisfaction through the prompt handling of guest transactions in a friendly and efficient manner
- To anticipate the guests needs and to ensure that service is provided to the level required and beyond expectations
- To have a thorough knowledge and understanding of all standards of performance and delivery within the department
- To create an environment where the team are up-selling and cross-selling
- To assist in the compilation and achievement of the Bar sales & payroll budget
- To ensure the Bar team are fully aware of any menu updates, hotel promotions, corporate promotions or special activities going on in the hotel/area
- To practice tight control on all stock and products.
- To assist in stock takes.
- Provide training, encourage development and motivate your department
- Participate in management meetings & conduct department meetings to ensure smooth communication throughout
- To have full knowledge of the hotel facilities and capabilities
- To deal with and follow up on complaints and ensure complaints are communicated to the relevant Heads of Department
- To ensure company policy and procedures are strictly adhered to
Qualifications / Experience required:
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience managing a busy hotel & function room bar in a 4 or 5 star hotel
- Strong supervisory skills with the ability to manage a team
- Must have previously demonstrated leadership ability
- Must be flexible, enjoy a challenge, and is able to work outside the comfort zone while maintaining the ability to be objective and positive
- Must be standards driven and detail orientated
- Maintain a professional image at all times through appearance
- Excellent written and spoken levels of English.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent organisational and communicational skills
Please reply in confidence with CV in Word Format to Patrick in Broadline Recruiters