Position: Conference & Banqueting Manager
Purpose of job: To manage the effective running of Conference & Banqueting Operations, to appropriate standards, ensuring guest satisfaction and the necessary controls to provide the required profitability.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- To reflect and enhance the hotel’s mission statement and objectives in all activities.
- To ensure appropriate levels of customer care are delivered at all times.
- To Manager the day to day running of the C&B Operations – checking meeting rooms are set, running functions, customer care etc..
- To manage wage costs for the department and manage the time management system
- To promote good team relations in the department ensuring fairness and consistency in all dealings with team members.
- To have responsibility for the hygiene and cleanliness of the food & beverage service areas in accordance with government legislation and company policy.
- To manage the development of the conference & banqueting operations team ensuring they have a good knowledge of food, wines, coffee etc. and that they are able to passionately describe and make informed suggestions to guests.
- To manage the purchasing in the area of responsibility to ensure appropriate quality and fair prices and to minimise stock holding where appropriate.
- To ensure that all payment is received in accordance with the policy of the hotel and are contracted as per hotel guidelines.
- Must have previous experience of a busy Conference and Banqueting Department in a 4/5* hotel or similar
- Third level qualification would be desirable but not totally essential
- Strong people management and training skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Must be an organised individual
- Competitive Salary on offer for successful applicant
Please reply in confidence with CV in Word Format to