Conference & Banqueting Manager – Hotel in Leinster
We are recruiting for a Conference and Banqueting Manager for a four star hotel in Leinster The candidate will have to manage the effective running of Conference & Banqueting Operations, to appropriate standards, ensuring guest satisfaction and the necessary controls to provide the required profitability. The ideal candidate will have to have two to three years previous experience in a similar role.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- To reflect and enhance the hotel’s mission statement and objectives in all activities.
- To ensure appropriate levels of customer care are delivered at all times.
- To Manager the day to day running of the C&B Operations – checking meeting rooms are set, running functions, customer care etc.
- To manage wage costs for the department and manage the time management system
- To promote good team relations in the department ensuring fairness and consistency in all dealings with team members.
- To have responsibility for the hygiene and cleanliness of the food & beverage service areas in accordance with government legislation and company policy.
- To manage the development of the conference & banqueting operations team ensuring they have a good knowledge of food, wines, coffee etc. and that they are able to passionately describe and make informed suggestions to guests.
- To manage the purchasing in the area of responsibility to ensure appropriate quality and fair prices and to minimise stock holding where appropriate.
- To ensure that all payment is received in accordance with the policy of the hotel and are contracted as per hotel guidelines.
- Must have previous experience of a busy Conference and Banqueting Department in a 4/5* hotel or similar
- Third level qualification would be desirable but not totally essential
- Strong people management and training skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Must be an organised individual
- Competitive Salary on offer for successful applicant
Please reply in confidence with CV in Word Format to