Dispatch Manager – Permanent Role – Excellent Salary 40k
We currently wish to recruit a Dispatch Manager. Our client based in the Dublin South area is seeking a Dispatch Manager to provide direction to and maintain two-way communications with all dispatchers while monitoring system performance and making adjustments where necessary to maximize on-time performance, minimize customer wait times, and minimize service disruptions as a result of vehicle or operator availability or emergency situations. The Dispatch Manager is responsible for effective communication between the dispatch office and vehicle operators to ensure quality and productivity of same day service.
The role will report to the General Manager and the main purpose of the job is to manage the dispatch department and ensure that customer service levels are met at all times. This is a food production environment and Saturday work maybe required.
The main responsibilities associated with the role will include:
- Manage & Coordinate the deliveries throughout the serviced region in line with the business plan. Creation of relevant documents and conformance with POD process.
- Daily supervision and rostering for all Operatives in Dispatch area. Respond to annual leave requests, facilitate disciplinary process, etc.
- Develop, in conjunction, with the senior management team the Business Unit strategy & participate in annual & longer term budgeting to achieve the parameters & targets as set out in these budgets.
- Ensure all personnel are fully trained for their role and that all work completed is in accordance with H&S.
- Ensure that all staff are fully aware of quality policies and that these policies are adhered to.
- Responsible for leading and developing the team in the Dispatch area to deliver a first class service to our customers and achieve challenging business goals.
- Calculation of and monthly detailed monitoring and explanations of all KPI’s and cost variances against budget
- Participate in audits on the site
- Management of operational elements – outbound operations to customer base including external logistics and fulfilment activities. Sourcing planning including current inventory levels, quality of and location.
- Developing your team, ensuring that key skills and competencies are in place to meet the developing needs of the business.
- Participate projects as assigned to support the ongoing efficiency of the business.
- 3 years + experience in relevant discipline.
- Qualification in business/supply chain or related discipline desirable.
- Experience in a food manufacturing business desirable.
- Experience in managing a team desirable.
- Must be MS Office proficient.
- Team player with ability to work on their own initiative.
- Be flexible and prepared to work in any required areas.
- Proficiency in the English language is a requirement.
- A “can do” work ethic with excellent problem solving skills.