We are currently recruiting for Duty Managers. The candidate will be responsible for the smooth and efficient running of the hotel where high standards are maintained, while promoting a positive and professional image to the customers and colleagues. Previous experience in this role is essential.
- Be responsible for completing am and pm checklists are completed in each department.
- Ensuring all policies and procedure are adopted and adhered to throughout the hotel.
- Accountable for ensuring staff operate efficiently and effectively at all times and provide customers with excellent service.
- Attain an in-depth knowledge of appropriate legislation to perform your job competently i.e. Health & Safety Regulations, Current Legislation relevant to the
- Familiarise yourself and comply with all Health & Safety Regulations as they pertain to the hotel and report any breaches of such to management promptly.
- Promote a positive culture and promote working together as a team to create an environment which encourages the team to have pride and commitment in their work.
- Be responsible for cash handling and ensuring all guidelines are strictly adhered to in all departments, will also have to post all conference and banqueting bills ensuring all items are present and correct.
- Assisting senior management in the control costs throughout all departments in particular to wage and energy costs
- While on duty monitor department selling techniques and look how this can be improved.
- To be able to deal with complaints in a courteous and efficient manner and inform management.
- To assist in staff training when necessary and monitor standards of service, correcting when required.
- Familiarise yourself with all aspects of supply procedures – ordering, delivery, stock rotation and control procedures.
- Responsible for reporting and completing appropriate forms in the event of an accident.
- Be able to set up conferences, and be fully confident with av.
- Ensure opening duties and closing down procedures is carried out efficiently and effectively in all departments within the hotel.
- Arrange and attend meetings as required.
- To be fully aware of the hotels menus, wedding setup and requirements and be able preform show arounds with perspective clients as required.
- Trustworthy, energetic, ambitious and hardworking.
- Exceptional team leader and communications skills and able to manage a team, and also able to fit in with existing team in place.
- Motivates, inspires and empowers others to improve performance.
- Minimum of two to three years experience in similar role in high volume hotel four star hotel.
- Have excellent communication and relationship building skills.
- Highly motivated, flexible and energetic.
- Ability to multi- task and multi-skill and manage relationships with all departments HOD’s.
- Very Customer focused and enjoys this aspect of the job the most.
- Excellent accomplished career background when running a large operation.
- Ability to multi- task and multi-skill
- Working five over seven days.
- Salary – Depending on experience.
Please submit CV in Word in strict confidence to Patrick