Position: Food & Beverage Manager
To manage the smooth and efficient running of the Food & Beverage Department ensuring standards and guest satisfaction are maintained at all times thus ensuring revenue is maximized. As a senior manager, develops and implements hotel-wide strategies that deliver products and services to meet or exceed the needs and expectations of the target customer and property employees.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Extensive knowledge of Restaurant, Bar, Lounge, Room Service and Banqueting operational procedures
- Knowledge of menu composition and engineering
- Knowledge of food preparation
- Knowledge of food & beverage health laws
- Knowledge of liquor control procedures and beverage management.
- Ability to convert the knowledge of wines and alcoholic beverages into product sales and service
- Knowledge of food & beverage marketing/promotional techniques
- Knowledge of pricing rationale and strategies
- Retail merchandising skills
- Knowledge of event management operations
- Knowledge of purchasing, inventory controls, supplies and equipment
- Knowledge of hotel operations as they affect department
- Knowledge of governmental regulations and safety standards
- Working knowledge of hotel laws governing operations
- Strong organization skills
- Ability to effectively manage labor productivity
- Financial management skills e.g., ability to analyze P&L statements, develop operating budgets, forecasting and capital expenditure planning
- Strategic planning skills
- Ability to evaluate business trends, determine applicability to customer profile and modify business strategies accordingly
- Ability to creatively execute against the strategy and drive results; can originate and invent new ways to create a unique guest experience and maximize revenue
- Ability to network and build relationships to grow the business
- Ability to exercise flexibility rather than rigid adherence to procedures in order to accomplish goals
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience as a department head in either restaurant or bar and a minimum of 2 years’ experience Assistant F&B Manager or F&B Manager in a similar operation.
- Some culinary experience preferred.
- Clear progression path through the F&B structure is essential.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required. Hospitality Management Degree beneficial
- Strong customer and associate relation skills
- Strong problem-solving skills; encourages new innovative solutions when appropriate
- Strong communication skills (verbal, listening, writing)
- Effective influence skills
- Strong consensus building skills
- Effective change management skills
- Competitive Salary on offer to successful applicant
Please send CV in Word Format