The General Manager is responsible for the overall direction, management and financial performance of the operation to ensure that its strategic objectives and commercial targets as agreed are met on the on going basis.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide the vision, innovation, leadership, and business management necessary for the success of the company
- Development of the overall strategy of the company in the context of a three year rolling planning process
- Achievement of the overall commercial objectives of the company as agreed with the Board
to have a key focus on operational excellence and maximising the profitability of the company
Development and implementation of marketing strategy including the optimal use of digital media maintenance and development of key relationships with external bodies in the industry
- To collaborate with the aim to maximise business opportunities for the company
- Provide assistance and guidance to internal stakeholders in holding conferences or other events
- Effectively lead, motivate and develop staff to achieve their goals and objectives
- Maintain and develop systems, policies and procedures to ensure the smooth running of the business
- Oversee the expansion and put in place new structures to ensure the effective management of the company’s services in this growing environment.
- Regular reporting to the Board of the Company
- Overall financial management of this division including the preparation of budgets, key performance indicators, financial reporting, ensuring an effective control environment.
- Ensure compliance with legislation and regulatory requirements and company policies.
The preferred candidate will have
A demonstrable record of success in
- Setting and achieving the strategic direction for a business
- Managing a significant hotel or similar business at a senior level
- Managing a significant change management process resulting from business expansion
- Achieving significant profitable business development
- Reporting consistent profit growth
- Demonstrated success and leadership in the areas of customer satisfaction and operational excellence
- Strong Leadership and personnel skills and ability to inspire and lead the staff
- Have an ability to build strong effective relationships and partnerships across a broad range of stakeholders
- Have excellent interpersonal, organisational and leadership skills.
- Have excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Demonstrate an ability to manage a multi-faceted business in a challenging environment showing initiative and ability to address issues as they arise.
- Be adaptable and flexible to meet the demands of the business
An attractive remuneration package of €90k base with a performance bonus and pension contribution is on offer for the successful applicant.
Please send CV in confidence to Patrick