Head Pastry Chef
This position requires a professional and talented pastry chef with a natural flair and passion for excellent food quality. Exceptional organisational and personal skills are required whilst continuously improving the product through innovation.
- To ensure that all food items are produced and presented as instructed by the Executive Chef and Sous Chef.
- Responsible for the Pastry and Dessert Section for the Main Restaurant, Bar/Carvery and Weddings/Functions
- To be familiar with and have knowledge of the hotels daily business.
- Experience in high volume service with particular attention on Conference and Banqueting.
- To ensure that all dishes are prepared in a timely manner.
- To ensure that all dishes leaving the kitchen are prepared and presented to the highest possible standard at all times.
- To avoid unnecessary wastage.
- Ensure awareness and compliance with all Health & Safety work practices and HACCP.
The ideal candidate will:
- Be an experienced Pastry Chef with 5+ year’s experience
- Have a vast knowledge of all aspects of the pastry section including banqueting, afternoon tea, baking breads and plating desserts in a 4/5* establishment
- Have a flair for creating new recipes whilst keeping up with the latest pastry trends
- Have a genuine passion for pastry
- Be focused on providing a consistently high standard of service as well as attention to detail.
- Possess the ability to work as part of a team and independently.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced, high volume environment
Competitive Salary on offer for successful applicant.
If you would like to be considered for this position please submit CV in Word Format in strict confidence to patrick.mcnamara @broadlinerecruiters.com