Conference & Banqueting Manager
Kildare, Full Time
We are currently recruiting for a Conference & Banqueting Manager to join the management team of a 5* Resort Hotel in Kildare. This is an exciting opportunity for a dynamic individual to work in a leading hotel.
- To liaise with group organisers during their event and ensure all changes are passed to the relevant departments.
- To ensure that all members and guests needs and expectations are met.
- To co-ordinate and organise all events in the function rooms across the resort in line with the function sheet and guest requirements.
- To follow up with the sales team or the guest with regard to any queries prior to the event.
- To organise all the necessary equipment for the event from stores, laundry, florist and any outside Hire Company required, ensuring costs are kept to a minimum.
- To manage and supervise the food & beverage service in the function rooms, ensuring standards are maintained.
- To follow up on any queries or complaints from members or guests ensuring the relevant personnel are informed of the details.
- To co-ordinate staff for all events in the functions rooms ensure payroll costs are kept to a minimum and within the agreed parameters.
- To ensure maintenance issues are reported and followed up accordingly.
- To supervise all waste disposal from all events, ensuring all waste is disposed of correctly, in accordance with our recycling policy.
- To assist with the recruitment of all personnel for their teams, in conjunction with the personnel team.
- To effectively communicate with Senior Management, regarding the performance of the department.
- To assist in other departments if required
- A minimum of 2/3 years’ experience in a similar role ideally from a 5* luxury property
- Excellent people management skills with the ability to build and motivate the team
- Excellent attention to detail
- Experience running high volume functions and events in a luxury environment