Customs Clearance – Co. Meath
Co Meath, Full Time
Broadline Recruiters are delighted to be recruiting for a very exciting opportunity to join a very successful Irish Company based in Co. Meath. This company is a specialised provider of Road, Transport and Logistics between Ireland, England and throughout Europe. We are recruiting for a Customs Clearance Agent to lead the business in its Ireland to UK and Europe Freight operations. This is a full time position, the right candidate would have a strong background in Customs Clearance and is available immediately for the right candidate.
Key Duties in the role:
- Supervision of Agents completing the below works and working alongside the team.
- Experience on all Import, Export and all customs-related matters.
- Completing and validating documentation.
- Updating internal system.
- Ensure all goods moving are customs cleared in a timely fashion. Customs clearance will be both to/ from England and other European countries.
- Liaising with carriers and customers for shipping information & documentation both in regard to clearance queries and subsequence audit.
- Support the freight forwarders in gathering information or other duties.
- Co-ordinate with trailer planning colleagues to confirm which consignments are in order to ship and to optimise how loading should take place.
- Control Common Transit consignments, both national and international.
- Assign resourcing and training in maintaining the capability to complete transactions in AIS, AEP, ICS, and NCTS as required by services and customers.
- Completing ISD’s (Import Simplified Documents) on behalf of carriers
- Validating ISD’s received from carriers.
- Work with customers to ensure the smoothest possible transfer of customer data, with a focus on maximising use of EDI.
- Manage and control customer charges to maximise customs revenues.
- Responsible for the control and update of all changes to the customs code and for ensuring customs team within NIC are aware of implications of any changes.
- Creating and discharging T1 Documents.
- Ensure compliance with company procedures and Revenue.
- General Administration.
- Import & Export customs entries
- Creating invoices for month end billing for customers
- Declaring End of Month bulk entries.
- Complete reporting customer and revenue.
- Assist in Customer documentation testing where applicable.
- Assist in other functions within Operations on a project basis when requested.
Essential Skills and Knowledge
- Excellent knowledge of customs clearance requirements and procedures or have a qualification in Customs Clearance achieved in Ireland as full training provided.
- Excellent understanding of supply chains and of the freight forwarding arena.
- A hands-on approach with the ability to maintain priorities and deadlines.
- Systems driven with excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent administrative skills.
- Strong PC Skills such as Excel / Word & Access
- Flexibility to adapt to changing demands
- Excellent level of English required oral and written
- Minimum of 3 – 5 years previous senior management experience in a similar or complementary role.
Job Type: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: €40,000 per year DOE
Monday to Friday