Director of Rooms
Galway, Full Time
The Director of Rooms is responsible the activities of the Front Desk, Accommodation, Switchboard, Guest Relations, Guest Services, Laundry and Spa. Assures that standards are met, guests and employees are satisfied and problems are promptly resolved. The Director of Rooms also works closely with Sales and the Revenue Manager to enhance the Hotel occupancy levels and rates.
My Client is looking for an individual who has strong leadership and interpersonal skills, is able to prioritise and adapt to the changing needs of the operation, and has a solid work ethic, good business acumen and a passion for service.
Some key responsibilities include
- The Director of Rooms will establish a loyal and well-maintained relationship with guests.
- The Director of Rooms will handle any guest comments and ensure appropriate follow up takes place and is communicated to the relevant departments.
- The Director of Rooms will Support the housekeeping and engineering teams in ensuring our facilities are well maintained.
- The Director of Rooms will coordinate with all relevant departments so that guest requests are acted upon
- The Director of Rooms will Brief General Manager/ Director of Operations on all VIP guests.
- The Director of Rooms will support the overnight team in relation to standards with a focus on Health & Safety.
- The Director of Rooms will guide, develop and manage the performance of all departmental heads within your Division, and ensure they meet standards required.
- The Director of Rooms will work with HR and the Director of Operations to select, lead and develop a successful and inspiring team of high potential employees and manage their performance and progress, ensuring regular reviews are conducted.
- The Director of Rooms will manage clear communication within the division and conduct regular training sessions as well as team meetings within and across other departments.
- The Director of Rooms will be a key driver in the hotel up-selling programme and incremental revenue programme and ensure training is conducted for all new recruits in a timely manner.
- The Director of Rooms will set and achieve goals for the division and contribute to achievement of hotel long and short-term goals.
- The Director of Rooms will maintain appropriate standards of conduct, dress, uniforms, hygiene, appearance and posture of all departmental employees.
- The Director of Rooms will assist in the implementation and operation of an efficient preventative maintenance program whilst having minimum impact on room availability and customer service.
- Salary Guide €50-€55K
Shift work & flexibility are required in this position.