Director of Sales
Wicklow, Full Time
Director of Sales – 4* Hotel Wicklow
My client is looking for an experienced Sales Director to lead the Sales of the hotel and to achieve profitability targets agreed annually. The ideal candidate will represent the hotel in a professional manner at all times by conducting all hotel business in the standard set out. They will develop, drive and execute the Sales Plan for the hotel with the Director of Hospitality.
- To empower and lead departmental and hotel staff in achieving performance targets for revenue and profitability
- Planning and managing the sales function to achieve annual growth to target and within budget
- Developing key growth sales strategies for MICE, implement revenue management strategies.
- Ensure promotional coverage and marketing opportunities are achieved
- Leading, motivating, empowering and training of staff, so as to develop teamwork and a progressive and professional business environment
- Management within your area and having hotel wide responsibility for quality, service, presentation, and customer care
- To be on the road 3 days per week and 2 days in the office
- Cold calling and create company presentations to promote our product and services
- To ensure new corporate accounts for the Hotel are researched monthly and contract new accounts.
- Be responsible for the management of corporate accounts
- To oversees the Conference & Events and Revenue/Reservations for the hotel and work within the budgets given
- To dealing with clients on telephone, email and responding to all requests in a professional & timely manner, endeavouring to convert every call into a sale
- Understanding the business – third party systems, yield, wholesalers, Operators and Travel Agents, RFP’s etc
- To assist in compiling the Sales budget and forecasts (Weekly/Monthly) for the hotel with the assistance of the Director of Hospitality and Financial Controller
- To achieve F&B, & Conference budget for the hotel.
- To compile weekly and monthly sales report for the Hotel as required
- To set targets for the sales teams in terms of sales calls and revenue
- To ensure all necessary documentation for the Sales Function is in place
- To develop and implement annual Sales objectives
- To ensure hotel participation in appropriate trade fairs, holiday fairs and exhibitions
- To hold regular sales meetings and brief team meetings
- Very well presented.
- Have the ability to multitask.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Excellent understanding of all aspects of a hotel.
Salary Guide €70k DOE
For further information, please send your details in confidence to David Barker at email@example.com
Join Broadline Recruiters