Dublin 8, Full Time
Here at Broadline Recruiters we are delighted to announce we are currently recruiting for a full time Facilities Assistant to work in a prestigious student accommodation property located in Dublin 8.
The prospective candidate would take pride in the residence, by keeping it in a great condition inside and out. This will involve cleaning all communal areas and maintaining the genera upkeep of the residence; performing repairs, maintenance and minor redecoration as and when needed.
This role might suit someone who is friendly, reliable, has great attention to detail and is good with their hands– perhaps you have worked in a factory or on a building site and are looking for a change. It would be great if you have a trade, but someone with the right attitude is far more important as you will be interacting with students and ensuring there is a sense of belonging in the residence community
The job is on a shift basis and involves cleaning, as well as maintenance duties so please be ready for this when you apply.
- To clean all communal areas and external grounds on a daily basis– to include sweeping, mopping, or
- To clean communal windows, glass panels and mirrors, using soapy water or other cleaning materials.
- To manage supplies and equipment needed for cleaning and maintenance
- To be responsible for low level electrical maintenance, including PAT testing. To carry out health and safety checks including weekly fire alarms checks and legionella
- Painting including interior blocks, doors, gates and any other areas as
- To take pride in the look and feel of the property – ensuring that it is up to
- To take on a concierge and out of hours rota service, assisting residents where you can.
- To assist the Manager with key tasks during the summer turnaround period (which may include deep cleaning of student rooms), ensuring that the building is ready for the new intake.
- Room inspections as required, escalating any issues where
- To provide an out of hours concierge service to our residents, assisting with arrivals/departures throughout the
- Ensuring arrangements are in place for the removal of refuse. To make sure that refuse area is kept clean – this includes the surrounding areas (courtyard and car park).
- To ensure that the bin stores are tidy and that the bins are rotated so that they are accessible to all
- To manage the stock (light bulbs, screwdrivers, fire equipment) and to advise the General Manage when items need to be
- Maintaining arrangements for security and safety including inspecting fire fighting equipment and detectors. To escalate any issues to the
- To ensure sufficient handover at the end of each shift, so that the incoming Facilities Assistant is aware of any outstanding
- To keep an up to date log of all events and incidents to ensure sufficient handover to colleagues.
- Disposal of waste from the site in line with relevant regulations e.g. WEEE
- Sourcing new suppliers and making recommendations to the General
- Carrying out first line maintenance and assisting specialist contractors when
- To liaise, provide access and monitor the work of all contractors, and tradespersons, highlighting any areas of concern to the
- To sign off job sheets for repairs coming through the Repairs Tracking
- To complete repairs in line with the service level agreement.
- Assisting with the distribution of mail for all
- To manage and monitor any inappropriate parking on site
- To monitor the CCTV system, reporting any irregularities to the General Manager or external agencies.
- Other duties as directed by the Manager
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in a similar role is essential
- Excellent timekeeping and attendance
- The ability to work in a team environment
- 2 working references