Hotel Director of Sales & Marketing
Galway, Full Time
As Director of Sales & Marketing you will be responsible for maximising the sales potential of the hotel, achieving revenue budgets and developing relationships with key stakeholders to include the hotel management team, key account bookers etc.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Plan and direct day to day operation of the Sales & Marketing function to ensure maximum revenue & profitability and provide potential and existing clients with the highest level of sales service.
- Perform day to day sales activity including lead generation, face to face meetings, contracting & rate negotiation, site inspections, attendance at trade shows, client entertainment and national/international sales trips.
- Undertake monthly corporate tracking of corporate accounts to monitor production and more importantly to identify any decreases and taking necessary action to remedy same.
- Identification and management of all Corporate and Consortia RFP’s with volume for city, ensuring maximum inclusion for the hotel.
- Analysis of GDS production reports & intelligence information to develop business channel.
- Focus on driving meeting & conference business into hotel.
- Report weekly & monthly on account performance and general activity to General Manager.
- Input to hotel pricing strategy and forecasting with General Manager and Revenue Manager.
- Management of annual marketing budget.
- Executive quarterly activity plans to create focus for the team and adapt activity to support business needs.
- Devise and execute hotel sales & marketing promotional campaigns through local & national media, evaluating & reporting on marketing outcomes.
- Attend Group consumer and trade promotions as required and schedule relevant individual promotions for the hotel.
- To ensure the accurate processing, distribution, recording/filing and follow up of all sales correspondence, including the execution of contracts, quotations, confirmations, cancellations, etc. Utilise CRM system for client database building.
- Represent the hotel at sales team meetings and other events as appropriate.
- Identify key competitors and carry out regular competitor analysis; monitoring their performance, rates and sales activity.
- The ideal candidate will be pro-active and energetic with a proven track record in achieving sales targets, managing a team of professionals and innovative thinking. Knowledge and expertise in formulating and implementing a marketing plan is essential as is a comprehensive familiarity with the MICE market.
- 2 to 3 years in a senior Sales/Marketing role, ideally in a Hotel/Tourism or customer focused environment.
- Sales focused, target and results driven.
- Confident, ambitious and pro-active.
- A creative thinker with an outgoing personality who can drive new relationships as well as maintain existing ones.
- Experience of effective people management in a team environment.
- Effective communicator to clients and colleagues, individually and in groups; with the capacity to provide clear written reports.