Co.Kilkenny, Full Time
Hotel Manager required for managing all aspects of the Hotel operation, ensuring that each area delivers a consistently high standard of guest service in line with Hotel requirements. This will be delivered while achieving business objectives and maximising the profitability of the Rooms, Food and Beverage, Conference & Weddings and Meeting Rooms business and maintaining effective cost controls.
- Directing and monitoring of all hotel operations performance through a team of Managers and Supervisors.
- Implementing all Hotel policies, strategies and plans and contributing to the development of same.
- Promote the hotel by developing a high profile in the market place.
- To keep abreast of new trends in hotels and maintain an awareness of competition within the local area.
- Ensuring marketing strategies are developed in line with hotel policy for promotions and successfully implementing them into the operation.
- Ensuring the physical building is maintained both external and internal to a high standard of cleanliness and maintenance through the creation and implementation of cleaning and maintenance/painting programmes
- Ensure full compliance with all Health, safety and legal requirements.
- Overall responsibility for guest satisfaction and the day-to-day operation.
- Ensuring guest satisfaction by establishing and maintaining quality control standards for products or services offered to the guests.
- Personally monitor guest satisfaction through third party web sites, observation etc.
- Support Sales Manager by attending appointments whether actual or potential and generating leads
- Actively seeking verbal feedback from guests on a regular basis.
- Making sure guests complaints are dealt with promptly and positively dealing with and learning from guest complaints and comments.
- Agreeing and implementing actions to make improvements to guest service thereby improving guest satisfaction.
- Being fully aware of the day’s business, arrivals, departures and conferences and to ensure proactive planning takes place to ensure the guest’s expectations are met.
- Ensure that the team are always guest focused during their shifts.
- Ensure employees are presented in a professional manner while on duty.
Financials /Business/ Sales & Marketing
- Work with Financial Controller to prepare and present the annual budget.
- Fully responsible for the achievement of hotel budget and targets.
- Prepare a Sales Strategy, on Sales and Revenue with the Sales Team
- Actively and pro-actively manage the Sales & Marketing Team.
- Active in promoting and selling the product and services of Hotel.
- Developing and maintaining new corporate negotiated and transient business, new conference business and increasing leisure business for the hotel.
- Meet and exceed revenue targets by ensuring guest satisfaction, managing sales team and ensuring optimum business mix.
- Outperform the agreed competitive set for the property on RevPar.
- Achieve and maintain costs in line with budget. Proactively reduce costs through cost saving initiatives.
- Thorough knowledge of P&L
- Thorough knowledge of all revenue and sales streams
- Daily communications with both Sales & Revenue Managers to aid monitoring of rates, daily forecasts & daily sales activities.
- Being aware of potential highs and lows in the business and planning for them.
- Creating an environment where the team are motivated and encouraged to maximise sales and profit.
- To recommend and implement sales initiative and cost savings whilst maintaining the standard of service.
- Ensuring that security measures and procedures are in place and are effective in protecting stock, company property and profitability.
- Proactively manage energy usage within the property and work with management colleagues to make savings.
- Agreeing developmental objectives for self and the team and ensuring these are achieved.
- Work closely with HR to ensure effective people management.
- Planning ahead to ensure adequate people resources are available at all times.
- Ensuring working conditions and conditions of employment are such as to encourage stability of the labour force and to ensure a high level of morale.
- Ensuring staffing levels are at an optimum level within the budgetary labour constraints set.
- Working closely with various other Managers to ensure effective communication.
- Ensuring the staff and the property has a high standard of hygiene and presentation at all times.
- Ensuring training targets are met.
- Ensure all managers are accountable for issues within their remit.
Hotel Manager Criteria:
- At least 5 years experience in hotel operations at Hotel Manager / Senior Operations Level.
- Thorough understanding of hotel corporate, leisure, wedding and conference sectors
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Budgeting and forecasting skills
- Experience of organising and chairing meetings
- Excellent Communication Skills
- Excellent Guest Satisfaction Skills
- Excellent Presentation skills
- Complaint Handling
- Team development
- People management
- Delivering quality and standards
- Knowledge of local area and competitors.
- Hospitality/ Travel / Tourism qualification at Diploma level or higher
- High profile within industry circles
Please submit CV in strict confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org Broadline Recruiters