Co Clare, Full Time
The Housekeeping Supervisor will oversee and partake in the upkeep and maintenance of the Nursing Home and contribute to the efficiency and effectiveness of home management with regards to ensuring that a high standard of cleanliness is adhered to at all times.
What does the role entail?
- Supervise and contribute to the maintenance of a very high standard of cleanliness and excellent appearance of the Nursing Home.
- Assist in the recruitment & selection of housekeeping staff.
- Ensure the training of housekeeping team is kept up to date and the coordination and evaluation of training needs within the division.
- Manage the prioritization and allocation of duties relating to the housekeeping, ensuring the highest possible standards are achieved and maintained.
- Conduct inspections and auditing of areas.
- Responsible for all aspects of cleaning within the home, such as vacuuming, damp mopping, dusting.
- Manage standards and quality of cleaning by conducting regular audits and compiling action plans with PIC and ensuring these are carried out in timeframe set out by PIC.
- Establish and ensure that cleaning rotas facilitate a resident centered approach respecting each resident right to privacy, dignity, choice, independence, respect and retain relevant records as required.
- Ensure that all cleaning products are used and stored appropriately. Including good stock control and economical use of resources
- Ensure that all equipment/furnishings are in good repair re: risk assessment, faults to be reported to Nurse in Charge / Home Manager. Reporting of maintenance and defects.
- Ensure housekeeping team conform with health and safety standards and procedures in Swords Nursing Home.
- Good manner when dealing with residents, family and visitors is essential at all times.
What are the qualifications/skills needed?
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a supervisory capacity within hospitality/healthcare/housekeeping sector (essential)
- Knowledge and experience of working in a healthcare environment an advantage
- Excellent communication skills
- Demonstrate attention to detail
- Communication skills with an organised and methodical approach
- Awareness of following essential:
o COSHH Regulation. (Control of Substances Hazardous to Health).
o Riddor Regulation. (Reporting of incidents, diseases, dangerous occurrences).
o Health and Safety Legislation.
o Manual Handling to include yearly update.
- A passion for excellence
- Good record keeping ability.
- Fluent level of English both written and oral