Part Time Night Porter Required- Kilkenny Hotel
We are currently recruiting the position of Part Time Night Porter for a four star hotel in the Kilkenny area.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone who is willing to work nights and on their own initiative. The ideal candidate, you will also have a genuine desire to work in the hospitality industry.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the running of the night shift in this Hotel.
- Looking after the night shift from 11pm onwards throughout the night.
- Light cleaning duties would be required ensuring the Organising the meeting & conference rooms for business the next day.
- Ensure a lobby presence is maintained at all times.
- To meet, greet and help carry guests luggage on arrival and departure.
- To check in to the hotel all guests arriving late at the hotel according to hotel procedures and policies.
- Answer the hotel switchboard in a courteous and helpful manner. Taking messages on behalf of guests and management and ensuring such messages are passed on promptly and accurately.
- The Service of light food and drinks to hotel residents and to bona fida guests of the residents and to account properly for all such transactions.
- Regular security patrols to ensure (a) Safety of guests, (b) Safety of staff, (c) Safety and security of the premises and its property, ensuring that all exterior door and windows are secured and alarmed. These patrols take place at regular intervals throughout the night and should focus on fire safety in particular.
- To ensure that all breakfast room service cards are collected each night. Service of early morning refreshments and breakfasts to hotel residents.
- To ensure that you present to work wearing the relevant uniform and to the highest possible standards of personal hygiene and appearance
- To ensure that all reasonable care is taken for the health and safety of yourself, other employees, guests and any other persons on the premises.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in a similar role
- Able to work on own intuitive or part of the team.
- Meticulous eye for detail
- Reliable and proven track record in a role of responsibility.
- Natural flair and enthusiasm for dealing & communicating with people.
Salary Guidelines :€9.55 – €12.00 per hour depending on experience.
Further information, Please send your details in confidence, your application through leanne.whelan@ broadlinerecruiters.com