Private Events Manager
Dublin, Full Time
Private Events Manager – Catering/Events Company
Location – Dublin
Salary – €40,000-€45,000
- To oversee all the events/catering across sites, ensuring standards are in place and customer service is delivered to clients.
- Ensure that the staff on the rota are led, guided and motivated on a day to day basis
- Maintain a visible presence to ensure that all requests and queries are responded to promptly and effectively.
- To enforce and regulate staff punctuality and appearance.
- Manage the logistics, set up on sites.
- To work closely with all internal customers, to develop and promote team spirit and to achieve standards.
- Be fully aware of, and follow the requirements of, the Health & Safety at Work Act
- Attend meetings and training as required
- To ensure that for each event the correct level of staff, (suitably trained and briefed), are allocated to each area. The staffing level should achieve service standards and not exceed event budgets.
- Regularly review service standards to ensure an effective flow of service.
- To ensure all staff are inducted, trained and developed to ensure that the highest levels of efficiency and customer service are employed at all times.
- Engender good staff, customer and client relations at all times.
- To ensure that all systems and procedures with regards to Health and Safety and Food Safety are maintained at all times throughout the year.
- To support the whole management team in all areas of the operation.
- Ensure all maintenance requests are logged and reported in a timely fashion and that work is carried out accordingly.
- Look at inventive ways to promote the food and beverage offer in Hospitality and work with Executive Head Chef to develop new products and assist in food tastings.
- To ensure that labour costs are managed and that budgeted costs are not exceeded.
- To suggest developments in the operation that may improve the service and implement and monitor these changes once approved.
- To assist in ensuring all new company policies are implemented and maintained at all times.
- To be an ambassador for the company at all times.
- At least 2 years operational experience at a supervisor or management level, with experience of managing and directing a team
- Can demonstrate an awareness of attention to detail and service standards equivalent to a large Hospitality operation with multisite or unit capabilities
- Competent knowledge of Conference and Banqueting
- Awareness of Government Legislation, including Health and Safety, and Employment Legislation
- Excellent interpersonal, administration and organizational skills
- Diplomacy, discretion and impartiality of judgment
- Computer literacy
- Fluent English
- Ability to work 40 Hours per week (Unsociable hours may occur at times depending on the needs of the business)
- To have a “CAN DO” attitude towards all work undertaken
- Full clean driving license is required
- Results Focus and Initiative
- Commercial Judgment
- Team Orientation
- Motivational and Development skills