Dublin, Full Time
As a Reservations Agent, you will be the first point of contact for our guests, representing the Reservations Department in a friendly, energetic and professional manner by telephone and email consistently delivering a high level of service to our guests in a fast-paced environment.
- Reservations Agent will play a key role in delivering a memorable experience, working with all departments throughout the Hotel to deliver and exceed guest expectations.
- Reservations Agent main tasks or key responsibilities:
- Orchestrate and/or prepare the arrival of guests.
- Handle all guest opportunities by following the guidelines and ensuring guest satisfaction.
- Energise the Guest Relations process in daily contact with other departments.
- Review preferences to ensure they are actionable prior to entering the hotel systems.
- Maintain telephone etiquette and verbiage standards.
- Maintain complete knowledge of:
- All hotel facilities/services, hours of operation
- All guest room layouts, bed types, decor, appointments and locations
- Availability for any given day
- Restricted dates
- All packages and promotions
- Specific arrangements between hotel and travel agencies
- Answer telephone calls within 3 rings, using correct salutations and telephone etiquette.
- Process all reservation requests, changes and cancellations received by phone, fax, mail, and internally.
- Monitor and maintain waitlists daily.
- Compile and maintain information for daily/weekly/monthly reports.
- Complete the departmental checklist.
- Successful completion of the training/certification process.
- Maintain complete knowledge and proper working condition of daily hotel operations.
- Review future reservations check for duplicate bookings, cancellations and special requests.
- Communicate necessary errors or needed updates on the hotels website.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Reservations agent should have excellent command of the English Language, both written and oral.
- Reservations agent must have at least one years’ experience working within a Hotel’s Reservations or Reception department.
- Reservations agent ability to focus and multitask, to use time efficiently; prioritise and organise work.
- Reservations agent ability to work well under pressure
- Reservations agent ability to input and access data in software applications
- Reservations agent ability to work cohesively with other departments and other team members.
- Reservations agent ability to work flexible hours, including weekends, holidays and evenings.
- Reservations agent ability to convey a professional image and personality exuding confidence and leadership skills.
- Reservations agent ability to interact and engage with all guests in a pleasant manner.
- Reservations agent Ability to sell the property’s features.
- Reservations agent ability to understand and respond appropriately to guest enquiries and needs while remaining calm and courteous and provide accurate and correct responses.
- Reservations agent ability to provide clear and pleasant telephone communication in English with proper grammar.