Rooms Division Director
Galway, Full Time
As Rooms Division Director you will lead the front office and housekeeping departments to ensure a memorable guest experience is delivered and departmental revenue and profit goals are achieved.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Establish a loyal and well-maintained regular guest base that is well looked after and treated towards their individual needs.
- Handle any guest comments and ensure appropriate follow up takes place and is communicated to the relevant departments.
- Ensure that all the facilities as well as operational equipment are well maintained and regularly inspected.
- Ensure that in particular all first-time guests receive a personalized and warm welcome, hassle free check-in and check-out experience and memorable stay including farewell at the hotel.
- Coordinate with all relevant departments that guest requests are acted upon promptly.
- Inspect guest rooms on a rotating basis.
- Brief Hotel Manager/General Manager on all arriving/departing VIP guests.
- Supervise, guide, train and manage the performance of all departmental heads within Rooms Division, and ensure they meet standards always required.
- The Rooms Division Manager will ensure that he/she conducts him/herself in line with the hotel vision that through our people we will be the Hotel of Choice by providing passionate hospitality and innovative service where we consistently anticipate and exceed the needs of our most discerning guests.
- Select, lead and develop a successful and inspiring team of high potential employees and manage their performance and progress, including progressive discipline and conducting annual reviews.
- Ensure that a clear communication structure is set within the Front office and conduct regular on and off the job training sessions as well as team meetings to maintain good communication within and across other departments.
- Conduct personnel related functions such as interviewing, appraising, and counseling and succession planning to ensure appropriate staffing and productivity
- Be a key driver in the hotel up-selling programme and incremental revenue programme and ensure training is conducted for all new recruits in a timely manner.
- Set and achieve departmental goals and contribute to achievement of hotel long and short-term goals.
- Rooms Division Manager currently in a 4/5 star hotel in Ireland
- Excellent knowledge of standards and systems
- Strong people management skills
- To be highly proficient in all aspects of hotel operations systems, reservations systems and distribution management.
- Excellent attention to detail required.
- Excellent people management, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Flexibility and ability to work on own initiative, ability to take the lead and develop the business on a daily basis.
- Good financial management and analytical skills.
- Training, development and motivational skills.
Join Broadline Recruiters