Westmeath, Full Time
The Director of Sales will have direct oversight of the sales operation of the hotel. Implements the sales activities within assigned market segment to achieve budgeted goals. Solicits, evaluates, sells, and confirms business to meet overall market segment budgeted sales and profit margin. Assists in developing and executing projects for assigned market areas as stated in the hotel Sales Plan to increase sales volume and profitability.
Sales Director Duties:
- The Sales Director will manage Hotel group, transient, and catering/banquet and catering associates to include all day to day activities with respect to direct sales activities and revenue generation goals of Hotel.
- Director of Sales will develop rates, group ceilings and deployment strategies through review of competitive data, demand analysis and mix management.
- Sales Director will direct and manage all sales activities to maximize revenue for the hotel.
- Actively participate in sales presentations, property tours and customer meetings.
- Manage sales coordinators to insure responsibilities are in place and task are competed on time, adhering to the SOP
- Director of Sales will drive Focus Tool management including weekly focus tool meeting, lead discussion during weekly sales meetings, strategies and actions to move share, must be in the Green zone which is the standard.
- The Director of Sales along with General Manager and Director of Revenue Management will develop the sales strategy and annual business plan
Director of Sales Requirements:
- The Director of Sales must have a proven track record in successful sales, be target and results driven, preferably within the hospitality industry.
- Experience of working in the Business to Consumer marketing environment from Ireland
- Previous experience at Assistant Sales Director/Director of Sales and or Sales & Marketing Manager level
- Be able to demonstrate a creative skill, be a very strong communicator with excellent presentation skills.
- The Director of Sales must be forward thinking and continuously looking at how the hotel can increase productivity through different methods and approaches. Must have experience in a similar hotel with a strong mix of corporate and leisure with the ability to develop all areas of the business.
- Salary guide €60-85k