- Strategic business leader of the unit’s food and beverage / catering operation, including functions where applicable
- Oversee the development and implementation of the Units’ service strategies in line with company requirements
- Develop the product and service offering to exceed the needs and expectations of the travellers, providing a return on investment and raising the bar for our competitors
- Focus on growing revenues and maximising financial performances of both Units
- Manage Unit Supervisors to ensure they are delivering on their responsibilities
Developing and Maintaining Food and Beverage Goals
- Makes recommendations for CAPEX funding of food and beverage equipment and renovations in accordance with business strategy.
- Establishes challenging, realistic and obtainable goals to guide operation and performance.
- Strives to improve service performance.
- Developing and Maintaining Budgets
- Monitors the Unit’s actual and projected sales to ensure revenue goals are met or exceeded and opportunities are identified and addressed.
- Focuses on maintaining profit margins without compromising guest or employee satisfaction.
- Leading the Unit Supervisors
- Utilizes interpersonal and communication skills to lead, influence, and encourage others; advocates sound financial/business decision making; demonstrates honesty/integrity; leads by example.
- Identifies opportunities to increase profits and create value by challenging existing processes, encouraging innovation and driving necessary change.
- Ensures that regular, on-going communication occurs in all areas
- Ensuring Exceptional Customer Service
- Provides services that are above and beyond for customer satisfaction
- Improves service by communicating and assisting individuals to understand customer needs, providing guidance, feedback, and individual coaching when needed.
- Estimates cost and benefit ratio, maintaining balance between profit and service satisfaction.
- Managing and Conducting Human Resource Activities
- Coaches and supports food & beverage leadership team to effectively manage wages, food & beverage cost and controllable expenses (e.g., restaurant supplies, uniforms, etc.)
- Sets goals and expectations for direct reports using the performance development reviews and holds staff accountable for successful performance.
- Brings issues to the attention of Human Resources as necessary.
- Skills and Knowledge: Customer and Personal Service – Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Management of Financial Resources – Determining how money will be spent to get the work done, and accounting for these expenditures.
- Administration and Management – Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources modelling, leadership technique, production methods, and coordination of people and resources.
- Applied Business Knowledge – Senior level objectives and important aspects of the company’s business to accurately diagnose strengths and weaknesses, build internal partnerships, anticipate opportunities and risks, identify issues, and develop strategies and plans for sustainability and growth.
- Management of Material Resources – Obtaining and seeing to the appropriate use of equipment, facilities, and materials needed in both Units.
The successful candidate for this position will:
- Be standards driven, detail-orientated and can multi task
- Be flexible with regards to working hours
- Have an excellent command of the English Language
- Have a minimum of 3 years’ experience in a management or senior role in a busy Food & Beverage hotel or contract catering unit.
- Be qualified in Food Service Management / Hotel and Restaurant Management
- Hold a third level qualification in Business Administration or related (a distinct advantage)
Please submit CV in confidence.