Senior Chef for New Cafe Opening – East Wexford
An exciting new daytime role has opened up for a senior chef in a new fifty seater restaurant in East Wexford. The candidate will have to be able to work on own initiative and will assist in service of food of the highest standard using best quality, fresh seasonal and local ingredients and have a pastry background.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for running and managing the whole food operation of a fifty seater restaurant.
- To manage and oversee the smooth running of the day to day operation in the kitchen.
- To maintain consistently high standards and quality across all areas of the food operation.
- Maintain purchasing, receiving and food storage policies and procedures.
- Can cover all sections of kitchen.
- Can work well under pressure
- Needs to be able to manage a small team.
- Able to work on there own intuitive
- Proven track record in a similar role.
- Be financially astute, responsible for ordering, stock taking, and menu planning and costing.
- Will have to report to the owners.
- A creative flair and passion for cooking with local, fresh, seasonal and quality ingredients.
- Previous experience in a similar role with pastry experience.
- HACCP knowledge
- A progressive and positive attitude towards training, developing and motivating the kitchen brigade
- An ability to lead by example within a fast paced kitchen environment.
- Strong attention to detail and consistency in producing high standards of food at all times.
- Able to work well on own initiative and as part of a team.
- Salary depending on experience.
Please submit CV in Word Format in strict confidence to Yvonne