We are currently recruiting for a Senior Production Manager for the Dublin area. The ideal candidate will take complete responsibility for the management of a complex production facility with a wide range of food products. The responsibilities include all production related matters from goods in through to goods out, including warehouse and maintenance. The candidate will play a key role as a senior member of the management team to continue the development of a growing company.
- Leadership ability, personal pride and confidence to motivate and manage.
- Conscientiousness about deadlines with organisational ability and the adaptability to take responsibility for a wide range of ta
- Good engineering knowledge and sufficient process experience in new technologies.
- The ability to contribute to the management team, the initiative to develop innovative solutions to problems and the determination to complete projects and implement change
- Strong commercial awareness and good judgement skills.
- Must have senior level experience in a multi-national/ large company environment in food or pharmaceutical production. A good knowledge of the food industry and an interest in food is necessary.
- Third level education is essential, ideally in engineering or food or process technology.
- Minimum 5 years experience in a similar role is essential.
- To ensure that production is to the highest standard compatible with cost constraints and assist with the speedy resolution of operating
- To be responsible for stock counts, raw material ordering and receipt into stores with traceability documentation and QC chec
- To ensure that raw materials and finished goods are properly stored and rotated and that sales orders are processed with accurate documentation and maximum service leve
- To monitor and improve control systems and responsibility for manufacturing and logist
- To prepare and implement an annual production and capacity plan so that plant and personnel are in place to meet sales dema
- To plan production to maximise service levels, yields and efficiency with minimum waste while maintaining all food safety, quality and hygiene standa
- To liaise with other managers and to play a key role in planning and launching new produc
- To evaluate alternative methods and processes and implement improvements.
- To plan the level of maintenance required and ensure that the appropriate level of maintenance spares are in stock to minimise downti
- To understand the company’s budgeting, costing systems and margins.
- To negotiate prices so that costs are minimised and to be aware of all labour and other costs in the production and warehouse operations.
- To ensure that production and warehouse and maintenance areas are maintained at the highest level of hygiene to comply with regulations.
- Location – Dublin South / West.
- Salary negotiable, depending on experience.
This position is available immediately. To apply please forward your CV to Louise at Broadline.