Sous Chef required to join hotel operation in North Co. Dublin & Meath. The successful candidate will work in association with the Head Chef in ensuring the day to day operation.
- To ensure that the highest quality standards are maintained.
- To organise and serve food to customers, ensuring all aspects of the food production processes are executed to the highest standards.
- To ensure effective communication within the working teams and to be prepared to work in areas other than your own when required.
- To minimise food wastage and aid Kitchen Management in achieving high gross profits.
- To manage and direct all Kitchen Porters and Commis Chefs and to set an excellent example for others to follow.
- To undertake any internal or external training sessions required by the Company.
- To assist the Head Chef in ensuring that all relevant legislation and codes of practice are adhered to.
- Understand financial/budgets, Ability to cost menus and menu spec sheets.
- To ensure the highest standards in stock control, portion control and quality control.
- To make sure that all paperwork is given to Head Chef on a weekly basis for processing and checking.
- Conduct financial stocktakes weekly.
- To ensure that all Company cleaning schedules are adhered to in accordance with current legislation.
- To deal with complaints in an appropriate manner and report complaints/problems to the Head Chef.
- Liaise with organisers to ensure all function details/timings are correct.
- At least 2 years’ experience within a large volume and busy kitchen environment, working at Sous Chef level or 5 years at experienced Senior Chef de Partie who is looking to move up the next level.
- Have attained a Certificate or Degree in Culinary Skills.
- Can work positively using your own initiative.
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Be self-motivated, enthusiasm and ability to work under pressure. They should exhibit pride in performance and possess high standards in the provision of service to customers – internal and external
- Previous experience in Allergens.
- Strong background in Banqueting
Please submit CV to Patrick in Broadline Recruiters