Wedding and Events Manager – Kildare
An exciting new role has opened up for a Wedding and Events Manager for a stunning four star property in Co. Kildare. The candidate must have previous experience in a similar role in a four star hotel. The candidate must be highly organised and attention to detail is paramount in this role.
- The Wedding & Events Manager is responsible for the assignments and delegation of tasks in line with the business needs.
- Will have to have full knowledge of the hotel facilities and capabilities.
- The candidate will have to participate in management meetings and be able to communicate all details from the client and relate to all departments.
- The successful candidate should be enthusiastic, customer focused and friendly with the ability to work well under pressure.
- Must follow the hotel standards of operation and departmental procedures, and ensures that all requests are dealt with according to policy and the standards.
- Be aware of health and safety regulations.
- Responsible for the training and coaching of his/her team according to the standards agreed upon within the hotel.
- Expected always to maintain a good team with other departments and act as an efficient project member.
- Seek actively to interact with existing, potential and new clients inside and outside the hotel.
- Monitor competitor’s prices & service standards and inform Food & Beverage Manager of findings to help ensure department is priced competitively.
- Plan rosters in accordance with business levels and the budget.
- Ensure the department is working to hotel budgets with regards to staffing, liquor, food, crockery, stationary and other costs.
- Minimise over-time worked and ensure that any over-time is authorised.
- Utilise leadership skills and motivation to maximise employee productivity and satisfaction.
- A Positive, passionate, can do work ethic with a strong business and financial acumen, been able to meet budgets and targets.
- Minimum of three years relevant experience in a managerial role in a similar environment.
- Flexibility and the ability to innovate.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced, high volume environment.
- First class communicator with hands on approach for this busy role.
- Must have high volume experience in previous role.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Be focused on providing a consistently high standard of service as well as attention to detail is paramount.
- Possess the ability to work as part of a team and independently.
- Experienced background in the Irish Market for three to five years an advantage.
- Must have permission to work in Ireland and a strong command of the English language is essential.
- Salary €35k. Depending on experience.
If you are interested in the role please submit CV in strict confidence to Yvonne