Sales & Marketing Manager
Galway, Full Time
Sales & Marketing Manager will be responsible for maximising the sales potential, driving and achieving revenue budgets encompassing bedrooms, conference facilities and Food & Beverage.
The ideal candidate will be proactive, energetic with a proven track record in achieving sales targets and have the ability to execute effectively a focused sales & marketing plan in line with agreed market segments of local, corporate, business, leisure & events.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Plan and direct day to day operation of the sales & marketing function to ensure maximum revenue & profitability, & provide new potential and existing clients with the highest level of sales service.
- Develop and grow existing relationships with local business to attract new clients to the property
- Perform day to day sales activity including lead generation, face to face meetings, contracting & rate negotiation, site inspections, attendance at trade shows.
- Report weekly and monthly on account performance & sales activity to General Manager
- Focus on driving Conference & Meetings into hotel
- Management of Annual Marketing Budget with General Manager
- Develop printed promotional material in line with brand standards
- Manage online marketing & brand website through content development
- Accurate processing, distribution, recording and filing, follow up on all Sales correspondence, including execution of contracts, quotations, confirmations & cancellations
- Attend Group consumer and trade promotions as required and schedule relevant individual promotions for the hotel
- Develop and progress the Sales Plan with the General Manager
- Be proactive, highly motivated to achieving results & targets.
The Candidate must
- Be Ambitious, enthusiastic, highly motivated and most importantly have a passion for what they do.
- Have previous sales experience, be confident to knock on doors to generate sales leads.
- Be willing to get involved in the local community to get commitment from local residents and companies to host their events at the hotel, & also as a destination of choice for local residents to dine or host family occasions
- Have excellent networking skills to establish, develop and maintain relationships.
- To establish relationships with local companies for meetings, corporate room requirements throughout the year
- To generate interest in the leisure market to stay, and link with local attractions to develop packages