Galway, Full Time
Our client is looking for an experienced General Manager to run and manage a Gastro Bar Operation in Galway. The purpose of the role is to direct and control the organisation’s operations, and be responsible for the day to day running and the future plans, of this high volume food & beverage operation.
Duties and Responsibility’s
- General Manager will ensure the business is adequately staffed in line with business levels to maintain operating standards in terms of efficiency and customer care.
- General Manager will control payroll costs in line with budget and ensure hours of work are recorded correctly
- General Manager will support the delivery of agreed financial budgets, in terms of revenue and costs, and work closely with Bar & Kitchen to achieve departmental KPI’s and profit targets.
- General Manager will ensure that all areas of the business are maintained and presented in a manner that reflects positively on the business and enhances the guest experience.
- General Manager will assist marketing team with on-site implementation of promotions and offers to enhance value offered to customers and drive sales. Ensure all offers are communicated to the team and POS are updated in line with current offers
- General Manager to ensure that regular stock takes are conducted, and margins are monitored consistently to enhance departmental profits.
- General Manager to carry the Performance Reviews with all employees and look at training that may be required
- General Manager to coach and mentor staff as appropriate to improve performance
- General Manager to book live entertainment for the venue and work with marketing team on promotion and social media activity promoting the business
- General Manager to manage security team to ensure premises is always maintained in a safe manner for the enjoyment of all customers
- General Manager to work closely with HR on all employee related issues, HR & Training Compliance that may arise and ensure there is effective communication with HR department to maintain a positive working environment for the team.
- General Manager will represent the Company in negotiations with customers, suppliers, and other key contacts to secure the most effective contract terms for the Company
- General Manager will maximise all potential business development opportunities.
- At least 2 years’ experience working as a General Manager or in a senior food and beverage management role in a high-volume bar food environment
- Gastro GM will have knowledge of the food/beverage industry in Ireland and market changes or forces that may influence business performance
- Gastro GM will have excellent People Management Skills
- Will have an understanding of financial management and wider management principles and techniques.
- Will have leadership skills along with excellent communication skills
- Restaurant General Manager should have excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Salary Guide €50k
For further information, please send your details in confidence to email@example.com