Sales & Marketing Manager
Dublin, Full Time
Sales & Marketing Manager will be responsible for maximising the sales potential of the hotel. Main focus will be on achieving revenue budgets and developing relationships with key stakeholders/clients.
The ideal candidate will be pro-active and energetic with a proven track record in achieving sales targets, managing a team of professionals and innovative thinking. Knowledge and expertise in formulating and implementing a marketing plan is essential as is a comprehensive familiarity with the MICE market.
- Drawing up the annual Sales & Marketing Plan, in line with revenue KPI’s, budgets and hotel resources.
- Plan and direct day to day operation of the sales function to ensure maximum revenue & profitability and provide potential and existing clients with the highest level of sales service.
- Perform day to day sales activity including lead generation, face to face meetings, contracting & rate negotiation, site inspections, attendance at trade shows, client entertainment and national/international sales trips.
- Develop the on line and off line marketing, brand and public relations strategy for the hotel
- Undertake monthly corporate tracking of corporate accounts to monitor production and more
- Analysis of GDS production reports & intelligence information to develop business channel.
- Focus on driving meeting & conference business into hotel.
- Report weekly & monthly on account performance and general activity to General Manager
- Input to hotel pricing strategy and forecasting with General Manager and Revenue Manager.
- Management of annual sales budget.
- Executive quarterly activity plans to create focus for the team and adapt activity to support business needs.
- Devise and execute hotel sales promotional campaigns through local & national media, evaluating & reporting on outcomes.
- To ensure the accurate processing, distribution, recording/filing and follow up of all sales correspondence, including the execution of contracts, quotations, confirmations, cancellations, etc. Utilise CRM system for client database building.
- Represent the hotel at sales team meetings and other events as appropriate.
- Identify key competitors and carry out regular competitor analysis; monitoring their performance, rates and sales activity.
- Recommend regional and international sales activities
- Responsible for maximizing all room revenue through effective yield strategy and management of all room rates for the hotel to include conferences, weddings, corporate and leisure packages
- 2 to 3 years in a senior Sales & Marketing role, from Hotels/Resorts in Ireland.
- A creative thinker with an outgoing personality who can drive new relationships as well as maintain existing ones.
- Experience of effective people management in a team environment.
- Sales focused, target and results driven.
- Familiar with the industry trends in Sales/Marketing
- Effective communicator to clients and colleagues, individually and in groups; with the capacity to provide clear written reports.
- Confident, ambitious and pro-active
- Revenue Focused